Latest blog posts
- Why should you chew gum after a C-section delivery? (7/13/2017) - Why should you chew gum after a C-section delivery? An international meta-analysis of 17 studies recently published in the Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine, found that women who chew gum immediately after C-section surgery had a faster rate of recovery of gastrointestinal function than women who did not chew gum. The researchers … Continue reading Why should you chew gum after a C-section delivery?
- “THANK GOD FOR MODERN DENTISTRY” (6/19/2017) - “THANK GOD FOR MODERN DENTISTRY” Hollywood actress Demi Moore recently appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon earlier this week. She was there mainly to promote her latest movie Rough Night, and shared an interesting story and picture regarding her teeth, or lack of, with the audience. As quoted from the interview Demi … Continue reading “THANK GOD FOR MODERN DENTISTRY”
- Did U.S.A. President George Washington really wear wooden false teeth? (5/11/2017) - Did U.S.A. PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON REALLY WEAR WOODEN FALSE TEETH? With recent news events regarding current US President Donald Trump and former FBI director James Comey, Griffith Street Family Dental’s Dr Rakesh Bhula was reminded of an urban myth he came across as an undergraduate at the … Continue reading Did U.S.A. President George Washington really wear wooden false teeth?
- THE IMPORTANCE OF REGULAR DENTAL CHECK UPS (4/4/2017) - THE IMPORTANCE OF REGULAR DENTAL CHECK UPS Dr Rakesh Bhula and Selvan Dass, along with Ms Cheryll Dunn at Griffith Street Family Dental strongly recommend regular six monthly check-ups and cleans to their valued patients. The main reason for this is because studies have shown that dental diseases such as tooth decay, gum disease … Continue reading THE IMPORTANCE OF REGULAR DENTAL CHECK UPS
- YOUNG WOMEN HAVE THE WORST DENTAL HYGIENE? (12/16/2016) - YOUNG WOMEN HAVE THE WORST DENTAL HYGIENE? A recent study completed in Australia, by the Colgate-Palmolive company, found that more than half of all young adult women (aged 24-35) failed to brush their teeth once a day, and admit to having poor oral health. Of the 1007 people surveyed, only eight percent said they … Continue reading YOUNG WOMEN HAVE THE WORST DENTAL HYGIENE?
- CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE (CDBS) (12/15/2016) - CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE (CDBS) The Government is in the process of reviewing the CDBS, so what does this mean for you and your children? At present the Australian federal government provides $1000 (over a 2 year period) towards dental treatment for eligible children and teenagers under the age of 18. To receive the … Continue reading CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE (CDBS)
- THE RISKS OF ORAL CANCER (10/31/2016) - THE RISKS OF ORAL CANCER A recent news article has highlighted the increase in rates of oral cancer among men in the United States. The report published by an independent non-profit health organisation called FAIR Health used data collected from 21 billion privately billed medical and dental claims. The research found that the incidence … Continue reading THE RISKS OF ORAL CANCER
- IS FLOSSING A WASTE OF TIME? (8/4/2016) - IS FLOSSING A WASTE OF TIME? A recent investigation conducted by the Associated Press (AP) suggested that the evidence for the benefits of flossing was “weak” and “inconclusive”, and if performed incorrectly, could cause more harm than good. The AP reviewed research conducted over the past decade, focussing on 25 studies that compared the use … Continue reading IS FLOSSING A WASTE OF TIME?
- HANDY DENTAL EMERGENCY TIPS (12/11/2015) - HANDY DENTAL EMERGENCY TIPS With the Christmas and New Year period nearly upon us, Griffith Street Family Dental are happy to announce that we will be open as per normal throughout this time and will only close during the gazetted public holidays. If, by unfortunate chance, you require our dental services on the … Continue reading HANDY DENTAL EMERGENCY TIPS
- 3D Printing Technology in Dentistry and Medical Science (10/8/2015) - 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY IN DENTISTRY AND MEDICAL SCIENCE With the advent of 3D printing technology, it is not surprising to see it being incorporated in Dentistry and Medical Science. Not only is 3 D printing becoming the most versatile method of customisation, it is on the fast track to achieving the pinnacle of speed and … Continue reading 3D Printing Technology in Dentistry and Medical Science
Coolangatta Family Dentist